Our effective corporate governance policies will ensure your business is employing the best market practices and ensure your business is adhering to the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Good corporate governance is based on the relationship between managing risk, ways to lessen risk as well as the objectives and success of your organisation. Effective corporate governance policies will ensure your business is employing the best market practices and ensure your business is adhering to the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Corporate Governance for public companies is not dissimilar to private companies, but has the added obligations of ensuring they are:
- Independent directors and an independent chairman (who are not shareholders) to ensure the board makes decisions in the best interests of the shareholders
- Compliance with ASX Listing Rule disclosure requirements
- Communication with shareholders.
How we help
One of our appointed experienced Public Directors can help you:
- Oversee the company, including its control and accountability systems
- Oversee relations with senior management, shareholders and stakeholders
- Oversee financial matters and business strategy
- Appointing and removing the chief executive officer, or equivalent
- Where appropriate, ratifying the appointment and the removal of senior executives
- Providing input into and final approval of management’s development of corporate strategy and performance objectives
- Reviewing, ratifying and monitoring systems of risk management and internal control, codes of conduct, and legal compliance
- Monitoring senior executives’ performance and implementation of strategy
- Ensuring appropriate resources are available to senior executives
- Approving and monitoring the progress of major capital expenditure, capital management, and acquisitions and divestitures
- Approving and monitoring financial and other reporting