If faced with an audit or require expert advice, Azure Group can assist you with a variety of commercial and personal related transactions at both a State and Federal level.
Indirect taxes may apply on many varied types of commercial and personal related transactions at both a state and federal level. Indirect taxes are complex and cover a wide range, including:
- Goods and services tax
- Stamp duty
- Payroll tax
- Land tax
- Land rich duties
- Luxury car taxes
- Wine equalisation tax
- Excise duties
Indirect taxes also vary from State to State and you may need to consider
- Whether available concessions or exemptions apply
- The taxation of general and specific transactions
- Ensure you are meeting lodgement requirements
- Accounting treatments and transactions are properly reported and disclosed
The ATO and OSR are increasing their audit activity in respect to indirect taxes and government systems are becoming more sophisticated and tailored to capture and match information lodged via various government portals.
If faced with an audit it is likely you would engage an expert to navigate the audit on your behalf.
How we help
- Attending to audit management and help in minimising penalties and fines where possible
- Reviewing documents prior to lodgement to eliminate errors and ensure data is matched properly
- Providing expert opinions and advice in circumventing and minimising risk